- In order to reach its targets, energy suppliers in the UK have been asked to help lower fuel consumption and reduce household energy bills by paying for A-rated boilers to be installed in qualifying households.
- The leading boiler manufacturers including Worcester Bosch, Vaillant, Baxi, and Gloworm have been working on innovative designs to produce energy-efficient boilers.
- UK homeowners are encouraged to install energy-efficient gas boilers.
- Under the Affordable Warmth Obligation, energy suppliers have agreed to install replacement boilers for free in households that cannot afford to purchase a new gas boiler.
- It is anticipated that around 230,000 households in the UK will qualify for a free boiler grant. However, the government aims to support over 1 million homeowners in total. Thousands of households that are classed as ‘vulnerable’ may also be entitled to heavy subsidies.
- Any contributions you may have to pay will be small. Householders that are eligible for free boiler grants have no obligation to pay back instalments. Furthermore, there are no complicated terms and conditions to be met other than the basic qualifying criteria.
- Households that qualify for a free boiler grant will be entitled to install a new gas boiler together with heating controls where necessary. An energy assessment will also be carried out free of charge.
- The amount of funding you will be entitled to will depend on your income, the energy efficiency of your home and the age of your existing boiler.
WHO QUALIFIES FOR A REPLACEMENT BOILER GRANT?
Applicants must receive a combination of the following Government benefits.
1: Child Benefit
2: Child tax credits
3: Working tax credits
4: Attendance Allowance
5: Armed Forces Independent Payment
6: Carter’s Allowance
7: Constant Attendance Allowance
8: Disability Living Allowance
9: Pension Guarantee Credit
10: Income-related Employment and Support
11: Income-related Jobseeker’s Allowance(JSA)
12: Income support
13: Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
14: Personal Independence Payment
15: Severe Disablement Allowance
16: Universal tax credits
17: War -Veterans Pensions Mobility Supplement